For more than 72 years, AIG has been there when you need us most.
Nation-wide Claim Service Network
AIG operates more than 100 claim service offices all over Japan, and our professional claim adjusters are willing to help USFJ personal.
What to do in case of an accident:
- Do not leave the scene of the accident until the police finish investigation. Leaving the scene beforehand is regarded as “Hit and Run” with severe penalties under the law.
- Do whatever you can to help the injured. Call 119 for an ambulance.
- Call 110 for the police and remove your automobile or anything obstructing traffic.
- Get information from other people involved in the accident:
Name of Other People’s Insurance Companies
- Be polite and sincere, but do not admit fault or make any payment or promise of payment.
- Notify your agent by submitting an accident report. Delay in reporting the accident may negatively affect your settlement.
After the accident, you have to be aware of a Comparative Negligence.
Unlike the United States, Japan is strictly a COMPARATIVE NEGLIGENCE legal system and negligence is assigned on a comparative basis regardless of which party is directly responsible for the accident.
Our claim adjusters are real professionals. Once you get an accident, they will analyze cause of the accident, negotiate with other party, and find out the adequate comparative negligence for the accident on behalf of you. You can completely rely on them!